I will now post any progress on this page, so that people can feel that there are more activity and comment if they want.
Last change: 05-05-2018
- 01-03-2017 – Software to edit .SCR files (AIR project) [Seems to work perfectly, but still being tested]
- Transcript video cutscenes
- Edit text in menu images? (12/104 completed – in progress by patr0805)
- Quick checks of the transcripts, verify ShowDialog2 correctness* (note for myself)
Lastly, things to analyse:
- Verify that questions are not long enough to result in new lines.
- 10-06-2017 – Transcript 701.scr
- 10-06-2017 – Transcript 702.scr
- 10-06-2017 – Transcript 703.scr
- 20-05-2017 – Transcript 700.scr
- 20-05-2017 – Transcript 610.scr
- 06-05-2017 – Transscript 601.scr
- 06-05-2017 – Transcript 607.scr
- 22-03-2017 – Transcript 444.scr
- 22-03-2017 – Transcript 501.scr
- 11-03-2017 – Transcript 420.scr
- 11-03-2017 – Transcript 400.scr
- 10-03-2017- Transcript 285.scr
- 10-03-2017 – Transcript 287.scr
- 09-03-2017 – Transcript 260.scr
- 09-03-2017-Transcript 241.scr
- 08-03-2017 – Transcript 203.scr
- 08-03-2017 – Transcript 233.scr
- 08-03-2017 – Transcript 240.scr
- 07-03-2017 – Transcript 163.scr
- 07-03-2017 -Transcript 230.scr
- 06-03-2017-Transcript 220.scr
- 06-03-2017-Transcript 210.scr
- 04-03-2017 – Transcript 200.scr
- 03-03-2017 -Transcript 190.scr
- 01-03-2017 -Transscript 170.scr containing the start of the story
- 01-03-2017 – Hack Air EBOOT for better text appearance (AIR project)
- 24-02-2017 -Starts new project, AIR for PSP
- 24-08-2016 – Final test completed and patch released
- 17-08-2016 – Word-wrapping / Proof reading
- 06-03-2016 – Editing of routes complete except for Kurugaya, but that will be complete soon.
- 05-03-2016 – Editing of Mio route complete
- 04-03-2016 – Editing of Mio route 90% complete
- 02-03-2016 – Editing of Haruka route complete
- 20-08-2015 – text is malplaced in minigames (related to newest patch and not the released
- 19-08-2015 – text hack had a bug where text could move to the right and look unnatural
- 19-08-2015 – minigames dialog translated.
- 17-08-2015 – Title location issue in dialog messages in minigames.
- 13-08-2015 – Relocated injected code in Eboot to a safe place where they won’t be overwritten thus making the game crash.
- 13-08-2015 – Text rendering optimization
- 08-08-2015 – finally fixed an issue where new lines were malplaced in popup messages and minigames dialog.
- 11-02-2015 – Komari’ route (http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk417/sdanib/IMG_2159.jpg)
- 11-02-2015 – In Mio’s route, the 4-line poems (the seagull poem, the one Mio creates for the contest) sometimes go out of bounds.
- 09-02-2015 – Spaces between letters (fixed, just learned how to assembly hack now 😀 )
- 18-06-2015 – haruka’s route, there’s still an untranslated part wherein Kurugaya talks to Futaki
- 18-06-2014 – The translatation is great! but in picking a group for kud to study with, its not translated.
- 16-06-2014 – Following dialog from Anego’s route: http://i.imgur.com/rAsk9MR.jpg
- 16-06-2014 – Missing nomination translations like: ドシんまくんプランプリ2010王者
Took me a long time to fix the spaces between letters, but I learned something very usefull in the end. I learned how to assembly hack the Eboot to execute some injected custom MIPS code. This will also allow me to translate lines without restrictions on the length like before. In any case, I am sorry for the delay, but can now confirm that we will see progress now that the primary issue is out of the way.
Below is the current look of text.Keep in mind that I am still working on the tuning of the acurate width of each character, but I’ll perfect that after messing with some other problems.
Demonstration of question translation and width hack, so only the width of the translated text is glowing.
08-08-2015: Hi, I would like to inform why there has been so long a delay. I was a complete noob at assembly hacking / Reverse engineering an eboot and I could find little to no help on the internet in that area. This lead me to a long period of making my own methods and tools for handling the problem. It has litterally taken me a year to get a good grip of how its done, but university and daily life is of cause also to blame, but mostly the first. At present it seems that I have had good luck in the end as it seems that I have found how to deal with the issues that needed to be fixed with assembly hacking. I have told my tester to play though and do wordwrapping to speed up the process as much as I can. I am really looking forward to working on new VNs and my trip to Japan this summer have provided me with lots of them.
I thank you for your patience.