its been a long time since I last time wrote an update to this blog and I thought it would be about time a clear some things up. Ever since the last patch was released I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how one should approach the problem of hacking the Eboot (program) of the game “Little Busters! CE!” for PSP. Lack of documentation and help on the internet meant I had to come up with varies methods to accomplish what had to be done. In the end it took me at least a year before I discovered some decent ways that worked with these thousands of lines of machine code. The good news however is that the problems that required hacking has been completed and the only thing we have left now is the process of editing (thanks to Paragon4696 for assisting in this). The patch will be released as soon as we have completed testing and editing. I am also writing a smaller documentation to give an insight in how I reverse engineered the game that I will post when finished. Hopefully that will be of some help for people who would like to do similar projects themselves.
My observation has been that most people would like a patch for “Rewrite”. I have looked over the files and have found how to separate some parts of the files as well as partly understanding how and where text is represented. However as I want to play a game before actually working with it I will have to play it first before I start replacing all the lines, but I can still work on reverse engineering the game. The experience I have received from the previous project should hopefully assist greatly in having this patch done faster than the previous.